Topics include: city’s lawsuit against the state of California, plaintiff’s lawsuit against the city, city treasurer’s report on investment of taxpayer dollars, plans for Public Safety Open House on Sunday October 5 from 9 am to 5 pm, city manager requesting 2 separate purchase authorities through Western Alliance Purchasing for computer equipment for up to $100,000 (!!!) with Dell Marketing LP and for software up to $90,000 (!!!) with Microsoft Software Licensing, resolution to modify red curb zone in Antigua Village in Coronado Cays, change work order (!!!) for $16,000 for curb and gutter program, proposal to change Capital Improvement Plan project order to accelerate Spreckels Park restrooms and decelerate other projects, Animal Care Facility changes to include PAWS taking over management and operational responsibility from city, receive comments on US Navy’s draft EIR regarding changes on military base, adopt a red curb policy for city based on Traffic Operations Committee recommendations.
Below is the outline agenda for your review. You can also view it by clicking here.
To view the complete agenda packet, click here.
Reasons why residents would want to view the complete agenda packet are:
- To view the draft minutes of the prior city council meeting,
- To view the official votes of the mayor and council from the prior council meeting, and
- To view the staff reports with details of each agenda item.
AG E N D A
CITY OF CORONADO CITY COUNCIL &
THE CITY OF CORONADO ACTING AS THE SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE CITY OF CORONADO
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Coronado City Hall Council Chambers 1825 Strand Way Coronado, California 92118
CLOSED SESSION SPECIAL MEETING – 3:15 P.M. REGULAR MEETING – 4 P.M.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in a City meeting or other services offered by this City, please contact the City Clerk’s office, (619) 522-7320. Assisted listening devices are available at this meeting. Ask the City Clerk if you desire to use this device. Upon request, the agenda and documents in the agenda packet can be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with a disability. Notification of at least 48 hours prior to the meeting or time when services are needed will assist the City staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made to provide accessibility to the meeting or service.
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION
1. CLOSED SESSION: CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING
LITIGATION AUTHORITY: NAME OF CASE:
Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
City of Coronado, et al. v. State of California Department of Finance, et al.
Sacramento County Superior Court Case No. 34-2013- 80001694-CU-WM-GDS
2. CLOSED SESSION: CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
AUTHORITY: Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
NAME OF CASE: Michael Lewis, et al. v. City of Coronado, et al.
U.S. District Court of California (Case No. 13-cv-2818-L(JMA)
Joint City Council/SA Meeting September 2, 2014 AS A COURTESY TO OTHERS, PLEASE SILENCE CELL PHONES
3. COMMUNICATIONS – ORAL: Each person wishing to speak before the City Council on only matters listed on this agenda shall approach the City Council, give their name, and limit their presentation to 3 minutes.
ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION RECONVENE AND ANNOUNCE ACTION
REGULAR MEETING (SA items are denoted by an *.) – 4 P.M.
- CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL.
- INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
*3. MINUTES OF CITY COUNCIL/SUCCESSOR AGENCY: Approval of the minutes of the Regular meeting of August 19, 2014.
- CEREMONIAL PRESENTATIONS: None.
- CONSENT CALENDAR: All items listed under this section are considered to be routine and will be acted upon with one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the City Council or the public so requests, in which event, the item will be considered separately in its normal sequence.
a. Approval of Reading by Title and Waiver of Reading In Full of Ordinances on this Agenda. (Pg 1)
Recommendation: Approve the reading by title and waive the reading in full of all Ordinances on the agenda.
*b. Review and Approve that the Warrants, as Certified by the City/Agency Treasurer, are all Correct, Just, and Conform to the Approved Budget for FY 2013-2014 and FY 2014-2015. (Pg 3)
Recommendation: Approve the Warrants as certified by the City/Agency Treasurer.
c. Second Reading for Adoption of “An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Coronado, California, Amending Section 40.48.012 (C) of Chapter 40.48 of Title 40 of the Coronado Municipal Code Regarding Public Rights-of-Way to Accommodate Public Viewing of the Independence Day Parade.” (Pg 53)
Recommendation: Adopt “An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Coronado, California, Amending Section 40.48.012 (C) of Chapter 40.48 of Title 40 of the Coronado Municipal Code Regarding Public Rights-of-Way to Accommodate Public Viewing of the Independence Day Parade.”
*d. Filing of the Treasurer’s Reports on Investments for the City and the Successor Agency to the Community Development Agency for the City of Coronado for the Year Ending June 30, 2014. (Pg 57)
Recommendation: Examine the quarterly Reports on Investments and order them filed.
e. Request for Temporary Closure of Portions of Sixth Street, Seventh Street, D Avenue and Palm Avenue for the 22nd Annual Coronado Public Safety Open House. (Pg 75)
Recommendation: Approve the temporary street closure for the 22nd Annual Public Safety Open House.
f. Authorization for the City Manager to Execute Purchase Agreements with Dell Marketing L.P. for Replacement Computer Equipment through a Cooperative Program for an Amount Not To Exceed $100,000. (Pg 79)
Recommendation: Authorize the City Manager to execute purchase agreements with Dell Marketing L.P. through the Western State Contracting Alliance cooperative purchasing program as needed for an amount not to exceed $100,000 during FY 2014-15.
g. Authorization for the City Manager to Execute Additional Purchase Agreements with CompuCom for Microsoft Software through a Cooperative Program for an Amount Not To Exceed $90,000. (Pg 81)
Recommendation: Authorize the City Manager to execute purchase agreements as needed with CompuCom through a County of Riverside cooperative purchase program to amend the City’s Microsoft Enterprise Licensing Agreement for an amount not to exceed $90,000.
h. Adoption of a Resolution to Modify Red Curb Zones on Antigua Court in order to Provide Emergency Vehicle Access. (Pg 83)
Recommendation: Adopt “A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Coronado to Modify Red No Parking Curb Zones on Antigua Court.”
i. Approval of Additional Engineering Work Related to the Design of the Street, Curb and Gutter Improvement Project and Authorization for the City Manager to Approve the Associated Change Order in an Amount Up To $16,000. (Pg 91)
Recommendation: Authorize the City Manager to execute a change order for additional engineering work associated with the Street, Curb and Gutter Improvement project in an amount up to $16,000.
j. Authorization to Accelerate the CIP Schedule for the Design and Construction of a Replacement Restroom at Spreckels Park and Issue a Request for Proposals for Design. (Pg 93)
Recommendation: Authorize the acceleration of the project to FY 14/15 for design and construction of a replacement restroom at Spreckels Park and direct staff to issue a request for proposals for the building’s design.
6. COMMUNICATIONS – ORAL: Each person wishing to speak before the City Council on any matter shall approach the City Council, give their name, and limit their presentation to 3 minutes. State law generally precludes the City Council from discussing or acting upon any topic initially presented during oral communication.
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO A TOTAL OF 10 MINUTES; ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE HEARD PRIOR TO THE MEETING ADJOURNMENT
7. CITY MANAGER/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
a. Update on Council Directed Actions and Citizen Inquiries. (Informational Item)
- PUBLIC HEARINGS: None.
- ADMINISTRATIVE HEARINGS: None.
- COMMISSION AND COMMITTEE REPORTS: None.
- CITY COUNCIL:
- Council Reports on Inter-Agency Committee and Board Assignments. (Questions allowed to clarify but no responses, discussion or action.) (Pg 95)
- Authorization for the City Manager to Execute a Management Services Agreement for the Coronado Animal Care Facility with the Pacific Animal Welfare Society of Coronado (PAWS). (Pg 99) Recommendation: Adopt “A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Coronado, California, Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Management Services Agreement with Pacific Animal Welfare Society (“PAWS”) for Exclusive Management and Operational Services for the Coronado Animal Care Facility.”
- Review and Comment on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement Prepared for the Naval Base Coronado Coastal Campus. (Pg 123) Recommendation: Approve the transmittal of a comment letter on the Draft EIS along with any additional comments suggested by Councilmembers or as suggested by the Congestion Relief Working Group of the Coronado Transportation Commission.
- Accept Report on the Results of the National Citizen Survey for the City of Coronado and Provide Direction. (Pg 147) Recommendation: Accept report and provide direction.
- Recommendation from the Traffic Operations Committee Regarding Adoption of a Policy for Installation of Red Curb Zones. (Pg 151)
Recommendation: Comment on and adopt, if desired, a policy for the installation of red curb zones.
- Receive Report and Provide Direction to Staff on the City’s Business License Tax Including Consideration of a Business License Tax Holiday for 2015. (Pg 165) Recommendation: Accept report and provide direction.
12. CITY ATTORNEY: No report.
13. COMMUNICATIONS – WRITTEN: None.
A COPY OF THE AGENDA WITH THE BACKGROUND MATERIAL IS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC INSPECTION IN THE OFFICE OF THE CITY CLERK AT CITY HALL, AT THE PUBLIC LIBRARY OR ON OUR WEBSITE AT
Writings and documents regarding an agenda item on an open session meeting, received after official posting and distributed to the Council for consideration, will be made available for public viewing at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 1825 Strand Way, during normal business hours. Materials submitted for consideration should be forwarded to the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com.